Wednesday September 19th
Story Social Workshop and Evening Event
Do you – or someone in your team - have a desire or need to speak well on stage? If so, we have an interesting opportunity for you.
It’s free, it’s highly enjoyable, and it might just change your working life forever.
On Wed 19th September we’re holding a ‘Storytelling’ afternoon and evening workshop in an upstairs bar in Covent Garden WC2.
In the afternoon 2pm – 5pm you’ll be working with others on your 5 minute story under our direction. A facilitator from Just Add Water will give you some structure and help towards crafting an interesting and memorable story.
We’ll throw in some great exercises to boost confidence and get everyone relaxed. You’ll get to explore and develop your skills as a storyteller with the aim of banishing your fears of public speaking.
In the evening (6pm – 9pm) you get to tell your story on stage for 5 minutes. It’s a private social function with some nice food and drink in the same room, and an invited crowd of supportive friends, colleagues and other story tellers. For us, these events are just great occasions to catch up with people we like to work with.
The Story Social theme for the evening event is entitled ‘Bridges’. Stories could be…
• Meeting the love of your life on the Rialto bridge in Venice, but never said hello.
• Getting caught speeding across the Golden Gate in San Francisco escaping from hoodlums.
• Curling up on the sofa watching ‘The Bridge’ together with your partner, guilty in the secret you already watched it in a solo binge.
• Bridging the gap between your estranged parents when you were 13.
• Crying when you hear the middle 8 ‘bridge’ in Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Streets of Philadelphia’
The connection to the theme can be tenuous as long as the story is yours, it’s real, and the audience can feel what you felt.
We are offering 15 places for the afternoon, due to time constraints, and they will go quickly. If you’re interested, or work with someone who would really benefit from this, let me know as soon as you can.